Pages

6/21/12

Blueberry Mint Smoothie

On a hot day there's nothing like drinking something refreshing and that's actually good for you!

Here's my recipe for a Blueberry Mint Smoothie.

Aww yeah.


1-1/2 cups - Milk.
Small Handful - Organic Blueberries.
5 to 7 - Frozen Whole Strawberries.
1 - Banana
2 - Mint leaves
1 tsp - Raw Agave Nectar

Pour Milk into Blender and add all ingredients.  Blend until...well, smoothie-like!  Drink.  Enjoy.

You can add 2 extra Mint leaves on top for a garnish to look fancy.  =P

It's simple and you can find most of these items already in your kitchen.  I have Moroccan Mint growing around my back porch so it's really fresh!  Mint is also super easy to grow, but don't plant it near anything else.  Mint tends to flourish and overtake everything.

Notes:
I use Raw Goat milk, but any will do.
I also put in 1 raw egg for a little extra creaminess as well as protein and vitamin D, but this is recommended ONLY if you have your own hens to get fresh eggs from!
I used 1 tsp of Agave, but some like their smoothies really sweet, so add whatever floats your boat.  I think the teaspoon makes it just sweet enough but keeps it refreshing.  Honey works great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment